These groups are helping inform citizens so we can easily join in this important battle. Calls to our Senators are imperative at this time. A vote is scheduled for Tuesday, December 4th.
There are so many troubling issues taking place in our nation at this time. Those of us that home school here in
The truth of the matter is, we have many other freedoms that are at stake now, too. If we could encourage others to come on board and make these strategic phone calls when needed on some of these important issues, I am convinced we would see a change.
During my discussions with friends and acquaintances I have had people ask me, "But what can I do?"
Below are my suggestions:
- Dispose of any defeatist attitude!
- Write letters to the editor of your local paper.
- Create an email mailing list to help keep friends and family informed! Tell them to spread the word.
- Join groups such as HSLDA, Patriot Voices , NRA , Parental Rights , American Center for Law and Justice ~ these groups will add you to their mailing lists and inform you when it is time to make a phone call (or email) to our Representatives, or Senators. These groups basically are doing the work for us and will keep us informed of bills and actions that may need our attention. They make it SO easy for us, providing phone numbers, email addresses, and informing us of time constraints!
- Join a social media group such as Facebook. There is absolutely no quicker way to get information on all of the issues that are taking place within our nation. If you don't like the idea of the "friends", simply "like" the groups from whom you wish to receive information.
- Memorize this number! 202-224-2131 ~ This is the phone number to the Capitol, and you can reach your Senators at this number. It will also allow those at the top to understand the degree of outcry or concern on any particular issue.With the way the past election went our conservative members of Congress NEED to know they have our support. Those on the fence of certain issues NEED to be persuaded!
If we want
to continue to be the greatest nation on this earth, we need to act! America
But back to the issue of the UN CRPD; a simple phone call to the phone number above should be made before Tuesday. Simply ask to leave a message for your Senators (In Idaho, Crapo and Risch). Tell them that you oppose the ratification of the UN CRPD. You don't have to give a reason; but if you choose to, Number 1 in the list below, is sufficient. The list below comes from the HSLDA Facebook page - five VERY GOOD reasons why we should oppose CRPD.
From the desk of Michael Farris ~ HSLDA