"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Thursday, January 1, 2015

'14 Moves Into '15

2015! Here we are! I didn't wait up until midnight; I didn't celebrate; I didn't wish anyone a happy New Year. I slept, and then I slept some more. I was tired. Wiped out, really. It had been a stressful week and it was only Wednesday.

I had planned to stay up and watch television. Blake Shelton was going to make an appearance on a music special at ten o'clock, but I couldn't stay awake that long.

I knew there would be fireworks displays to watch from my window, but I didn't see them. According to the newspaper, there were actually three displays I could have seen.  The little town southwest of me had a display over the prairie at around seven. The bigger city south had a display at nine. And I am sure there were a multitude of private fireworks at midnight. I just couldn't seem to get interested. Sleep is what I wanted and so sleep is what I did.

I woke this morning almost with a Mr. Scrooge feeling...wondering what day it was. No, I didn't have three visitations during the night, but I dreamt enough about New Years Day during the night, that I wasn't sure if I had awoken to the day after New Years or the day of. Don't worry!!! It only took me a moment to figure it out.

Throughout the week, I've been reading lots of New Years quotes. I like quotes. Simply a sentence that hits your heart with such impact, that it stays with you for a lifetime. Several quotes about new beginnings relate to hope. I like those the best. A New Year should be about hope; but it should also be about getting things done; and striving to be better. There is nothing wrong in striving for something to make oneself better, in whatever means one find themselves able to accomplish that.

I remember many years ago reading a quote from Hal Lindsey. I won't get it right, and I will later take the time to look up the exact words. But it went something like this: "Man can live 40 days without food, 3 days without water; but merely a second without hope." Something similar to that - I'm sure I got the statistics wrong, but you get the idea.

So true, isn't it? Hope is what keeps us going. Hope enables us to see another day; another year come in. I always have lots of hope for the new year. But the older I get, I try not to think too much about it. I know there is going to be many events throughout the new year. Some I probably don't want to anticipate.

New Years Day really is just another day. But there is nothing wrong at taking hold of the opportunity to start something fresh; to make something better. To promise yourself you will try harder. Nothing wrong in having a little hope. That's what the New Year is - another day filled with hope.




“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” ~ Romans 15:13
 
All the best to you in the New Year!
Hold onto Hope!


Here are a few photos of events from 2014: Our Year in Review!





Juliee


Tobi
Navajo Princess


Our Beautiful Girl

Our Boss


Thoughtful Kindnesses
Events


Lunch North

Photography at the Park!
 
Property Work


A favorite Restaraunt


Birthday Boy






The Birthday Girl
Mommies on Mom's Day

Montana Trip
Up Home
Love Up Home


McGraw!!!!



Blake!!
Neal!
 
Toby!!!!!!!!













         
Home in Style!!


  
Tail Gunner

Revisiting Memories


 


B-24

 




 Losses and Memorials

I Will



Reunions and Births


Visits North


Dreams

Home Sweet Home
Weddings


More Reunions


Meeting Long Time Heroes
The Most Trusted Profession













Momentary Reprieve

Doing What He Does Best



 


The Tour
The Fair and Rodeo!!


Voting!
Thanksgiving
  
Thanksgiving with My Family
 


Christmas Morning for this Old Vet

 
 
 
                     
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.    Romans 5:5 (KJV)
 
  

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I'd say you had a pretty good year!! ;)

    Are those your voting nails? If so, HOW did you do them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a great year. No those are my youngest sister's voting nails. She did that on election day. I don't know how in the world she does them!!! She changes them often and they always match the outfit or occasion. A-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete