"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Saturday, October 17, 2015

Life is Random

This post is just going to be random thoughts…well, because life is random.

I hate change. I always have and I suspect I always will. I don’t adapt well, I miss what is past. I don’t think I really fight it, I simply don’t like it. There are a whole lot of changes going on…I am not in my best element right now. And I’m holding on too tight. Maybe that is fighting it. But I believe it is only mentally that I fight.
There have been some beautiful sunrises this fall. Beautiful sunsets too. It seems autumn is the best time for beautiful skies. Autumn reminds me of our old neighbors and maple leaves. We have neither of them now.

There was a “fingernail moon” last night. “Fingernail moons” will forever and always remind me of my son. I like that. The simplistic beauty of that makes sense.
Daddy celebrated 90 years. I don’t remember the last time I saw my folks so happy throughout the party bash we threw for him. I didn’t get any photos, but I will keep their smiles forever in my mind.

My husband sees everything much more bright and clear now. He is very happy with two cataract surgeries behind him.
The lady and longtime family friend that has cut my hair forever has been ill. So, I went to a new hair stylist for the second time in a row. She has succeeded in totally messing up what I have liked oh for 40 years now I would say. Yes, 40 years on and off I have kept my hair the same. I simply don’t like change.

Alan Jackson’s music is therapeutic to me. It always has been…apparently it is to someone else, as well. I saw this meme on Facebook and laughed right out loud. Somebody gets it. Now don’t take that too seriously. I know from Whom my real therapy should come.
Sure wish “I knew then what I know now.” I would have appreciated my youth more.

I have two friends that I can pick up with like we were never away. Got to visit with one just recently. It was like cheesecake and coffee. Couldn’t have been better. Proof that at least in part some things never change. We are all older and they both are still miles away.
My dog Bella loves me more than any individual ever has – ever! She is hilarious. When it is time for a love, she buries her face into me, like she will “never let go”. And if she senses me starting to pull away, she leans in harder letting me know she simply isn’t ready to stop the attention just yet. She just wants to hold on tight. Hmmmmm

One thing I know. There is only one Constant in life. There has always been only one Constant. One thing that never changes, never has changed and never will change. And that is our Lord Jesus. What would I do in a world without at least one thing that will never change? Flat out simple answer. I wouldn’t survive.
“I hate this!” I texted my son with the best way I knew to express my unwillingness for this change. “’You can always come home.’”

“'Time marches on,’” he replied.
We both got it and that is the fun part. And truthfully, I wouldn’t have it any other way. It is what it is supposed to be. I guess it just seems random.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I struggle with the randomness. Some changes I welcome and embrace. Others I balk at with all my being. So glad that we do have the one Constant to lean on. Always.

    ReplyDelete