"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Sunday, May 6, 2018

Brain Swirls

I think I will just post some random thoughts. It has been a long time since I have blogged. Too busy; not the right frame of mind...nothing to write about. I don't know. Maybe all of the above.

Anyway, if I am to get any blogging done at all, I suppose it will have to be random thoughts for now. Too many brain swirls in my head to put out anything too thought provoking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here goes:

I made it through another birthday...too many to count. But this one was significant in that it was the first birthday I have ever had without my mom. I haven't always spent the day with her, but she was at least always in the background with a phone call, or a card. I missed her terribly on this birthday. My heart was warmed when finding a moment to myself, I walked around the yard and discovered her Bleeding Heart is in bloom. Bleeding Hearts will always remind me of my mom because she always had one in her front yard, and she is the one that taught me about them. I am certainly glad I took a start from her bush at my folks' home, before they moved.

The kids came and fixed us dinner. It was wonderful. And Kaytee made me a delicious strawberry pie for desert, instead of cake. She knows how much I love it! It was a very thoughtful thing for her to do. She and I had tried to get some recently at Shari's Restaurant when we were on an outing. We were unsuccessful. I probably whined. But hey! I got some for my birthday! Yay! And it was absolutely delicious!!

Matt and Kaytee were not supposed to get me a gift, but they did anyway. They bought me the cutest little truck, with plants. They built a little truck bed out of pop cycle sticks and small wood blocks to hold two plants - Pansies and Hyacinth. So cute! I love it! Hyacinth is one of my favorite flowers. The fragrant aroma is filling my kitchen ever since.
                                                                                     
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got a day to spend at home. It couldn't have been better. I cleaned stalls, worked in the barn, and groomed the horses.  I worked in the yard and got rid of some weeds. I did some arranging of furniture on our deck. I put out the humming bird feeders, when I found nectar, that I didn't know I had. I sat in the sun and thought about only the warmth of it, and remembered the days when I would sit for hours in the sun at the beach. It used to be one of my very favorite things to do. I remembered why.

And my biggest project of the day was making a "She Shed" in my barn. I had told Kaytee I wanted to do this. She is the only one who knows. I am sure my husband will think I am nuts and have me remove it as soon as he finds out. But for now...I am going to enjoy and pretend and keep it for as long as I can. Probably only 'til July - when it is time to fill the barns with hay. I told my husband I want to just have one hay barn this year and keep the big barn for horsey stuff and other barn needs. But we have picked up some extra pastures to tend, so I suspect we will need both barns if we get a good crop - for which we are certainly hoping.
 
Until, then my "She Shed"!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a beautiful sunny day, today. And we are having a bit of a storm tonight. Lots of wind, so far just one clap of thunder and only a small amount of rain. But the sky is definitely storm cloud gray and the sense of something imminent about to happen fills the air. My husband just reported lightening. I like it. The horses are safe in their stalls. Bubby is at my feet. It brings a good end to a good day. It is 7:51pm and I will be in bed within the hour. I like that too.
 
Oh! And I got to blog a few random brain swirls.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment