"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Monday, May 11, 2020

Easy and Soft and Slow

I had a nice Mother's Day, yesterday. It was easy and soft and slow. My kind of perfect.                    

We had a beautiful spring day filled with sunshine. My husband and I have been staying home quite a bit and loving it. We are getting caught up on a lot of projects during this down time, which are not so easy to get done when things are in full swing. It has actually been very nice and super productive.

But yesterday, I was feeling like I wanted to get out a bit. I was afraid if we stayed home, I would just work all day, until our kids arrived later in the afternoon. So we decided to go for a little drive that morning to see if anything around us was open for coffee. Much to our surprise the little coffee shop we had in mind, was indeed open and even serving breakfast.

"Let's get breakfast and sit at the tables in the sun" I exclaimed to my husband. He readily agreed. The coffee was good, the biscuits and gravy, just right; and the moments in the sun, perfect.

After a leisurely spell of coffee, breakfast and sunshine, we went home to wait for the kids. We weren't sure what time they were coming. But for me, it would be the highlight of my day.

As I waited, I sat on my deck and read my book for awhile and also surfed Facebook. I saw a post from Tim McGraw that made me smile from the inside, out; from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes.  Haha...real original, creative writing right there, but that is just how I felt. ;-)

Yeah, sure, he was promoting his new single, but it was done in such a heartfelt way, I couldn't help but share. For me, there is nothing shallow or trivial about Tim McGraw. I have read he is always very careful in his song selections, wanting them to mean something to him. I believe he has always fulfilled that commitment and this time, it was certainly no exception.

I had seen him advertise his song for a week or so, prior, with a photo of his mama at the center of the post. It was obviously a photo from her youth, not really a "mama" looking photo. This is his post:


His comment on this post hit my heart like an arrow, I guess out of missing my own mom. I couldn't wait to listen and when I did, it certainly did not disappoint. He nailed it. It is "a story we can all wrap ourselves up in no matter what...".

But this is what he posted on Mother's Day after his own mom had seen his new lyric video release.
"My mama saw the lyric video yesterday and sent me this. #ICALLEDMAMA"
 Hahaha...Yeah, always just the right words.
 
It made me smile so deeply. I guess because I could see my own son and I having the same type of conversation...were we both famous. ;-)

Big fat sigh... there is something about the love between a mother and a son. And there is just something about a country music song that always makes my day complete. This one, easy and soft and slow.

So beautiful. Take a listen.


The song was written by Lance Miller, Marv Green and Jimmy Yeary, but it is perfect for Tim McGraw.

No comments:

Post a Comment