"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Awesome County Fair

To those that know the situation:  I received word last week that our letters have been effective! The county fair board has made the decision to change their alcohol policy back to the way it was previously.  All alcohol will only be served in contained areas.

It is so encouraging to see we can have a voice in situations in our community if we will only speak our concerns. It is a lesson for us in local politics, state politics, and federal as well.  I have seen it time and time again.  Don't ever let anyone tell you that it is no use, no one listens.  Wrong!  It is the means by which our nation works. Pray, then write, then pray some more. Stay involved!

I appreciate our fair board.  (I am avoiding exact location for the sake of  some degree of my own anonymity on this blog.)  But I would encourage all of you that know of the situation and felt apprehensive about last year's changes to once again support our fair.  Please show support and appreciation for them listening to the citizens.

By the way, you can also buy your rodeo passes at the fairgrounds this year.  Another awesome change.

I love my fair!!  Yes!  It belongs to me!

This link is my post about last year's fair before experiencing the problems that caused me to write a letter: http://jan-butterfliesandrainbows.blogspot.com/2010/08/alls-fair.html

Yep!  It still belongs to me!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment