"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Saturday, January 23, 2010

And so....

Me? Blog? I don't think so. But then, I do have a few friends that have blogs and I love to read their pages. It keeps me in touch with their lives and allows me to see photos of their family. I get great recommendations for books, and recipes, and they allow me to see provocative thoughts through their perspective. Pretty amazing!

Pretty amazing we live in a time where we can do this through technology. Pretty amazing we live in a country that gives us freedom of speech that allows us to share our thoughts. Pretty amazing, I would even want to attempt this.

But then, I do love to write. Didn't I just answer someone's question of "What is your hobby?" with a simple answer of "Write". I have always enjoyed it. I don't pretend to be good at it; but still, I find it relaxes me. And boy, wouldn't a blog be a great place to share all those thought provoking one or two line quotes from founding fathers, and age-old pastors that I love so much. Hmmmm.

I got caught in a blog the other day, read more than I wanted to; but the author was asked why he blogs. He had such great reasons! They were so well thought out, and so well-spoken it led me to believe we all should blog. I won't go into his reasons, but it was enough to push me over the edge to the beginnings of a blog.....

1 comment:

  1. I dont love to write. I dont write well. I like to read your blog Jan. God bless. Anna

    ReplyDelete