"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Good Thing and Smiles with Life

My niece and her family were here visiting recently from out of state.  They were able to come for Christmas and stayed for about 3 or 4 weeks.  Before they left, my sissie, (my niece’s mom) took several “good-bye” photos for everyone.  She posted them on facebook, today; and oh my! How it warmed my heart to see them!

I have to admit, when I first spotted the photos, the first one to catch my eye was the one of my niece, me and my brother.  Viewing it just out of the corner of my eye, and only for a split-second, I thought my sister had posted a photo of my mom and dad when they were young. Yes, I’m laughing!  But it was very apparent to me, a resemblance between me and my mom, and my brother and my dad is absolutely there!

When I looked at the rest of the photos, I couldn’t help but find a few tears. My niece and her family have again been gone long enough, now, that I really miss them.  It was a good visit while they were here. I’m sure they saw lots of friends, visited favorite places and warmed many hearts simply by their presence.  I saw a smile on my sissie, that always seems to be there, no matter what she is going through; but her smile had that little extra bit of life which may have been missing to a degree with her youngest daughter away.

I love my family.  I love families in general. I love heritage, and roots; family resemblances; and smiles with lots of love and lots of life. I love the generations, and family bonds - the “ties that bind” though miles apart. I’m very thankful for my family - every part of it. Families are an amazing thing. The Creator did a good thing, when He thought that one through.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment