"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Sunday, May 13, 2012

Just a Bit Different


Happy Mother’s Day!!

I have to say, Mother’s Day was a bit different for me this year. My family, including me, all had to work. That’s the first time all of us spent this special day that way. I wasn't very happy about having to work. I wanted to go to church with my mom; but they were short on help, so I agreed to lend a hand. Matt dropped me off at work; then headed on into town to his own job.  My car broke down after my shift on Friday, so I was without a car to get to work.  Fortunately I was near the shop where we have it repaired when it broke down. It really couldn’t have worked out better. The only thing is, it was Friday afternoon, so there was no way it was going to be fixed that day! It left me without a car for the week-end.

Today, Matt’s shift went later than mine, so that meant I would be walking home.  Yeah, yeah, I know; that’s not the end of the world.  The day could not be lovelier. But it took me 30 minutes just to get up the hill…and I never like to complain about the heat, but I was a little warm and winded by the time I got to the top….I ain’t as young as I used to be and I had only gone about a third of the way! Once at the top, though, a friend had spotted me and she and her husband turned their pick-up around to come and get me and take me the rest of the way home.  Ha ha..She's awesome!  But I bet I was sure a sight for sore eyes!  ;-)

If I had my choice that is probably not the way I would spend my Mother’s Day. Being without a car
also meant I wouldn’t be going to the family “get together” at my sister’s. That’s ok, too; I will see my mom tomorrow, or the next day and I had already given her, her gift. 
Bird Feeder/Bath/Planter ...with light!!
I LOVE it!

No; it isn’t so bad. I’m sitting in the sun as I type, listening to my cowboy fountain and the warning call of the killdeer. The meadowlark is also offering a lovely melody and a soft, spring breeze enters my open window. All is peaceful and quiet. I love that. The lawn is mowed and the house is clean…I did that yesterday, and the day before; knowing this moment would come and I wanted to be able to relax and take it all in.  So that’s what I’m doing.  No, my Mother's Day isn’t so bad…just different.

Matt surprised me earlier in the week with two beautiful treasures for Mother’s Day. This guy definitely has a generous spirit. One would have to believe his "love language" is gifts.  He gave both presents to me early, but  he just finished putting together the bird bath this morning before we took off to work. So actually I’ve had Mother’s Day all week long.  I’ve received well-wishes through texts throughout the day and I have the next couple of days off work…so I think I am gonna just sit a while and enjoy this moment that in actuality does not come around very often…Yep, just a bit different.
Western Blue Bird Themometer!
Look at that temp!!

Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms!  Hope you are doing what is just right for you!
I will post another photo when I add the seed and plant...
and maybe even one glowing at night!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had quite the weekend. Maybe tomorrow will start out a better week for ya :)Going to be close to 80* for awhile.
    What nice gifts though! :) The bath is so neat. Three things in one, never saw that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...thanks, Rachel! Yes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sunshine. That is the first time I have ever seen 3 in 1 like that, too. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete