"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Not About a Statue

Enter the Grammy's…

Oh my goodness! It’s never been on my list of “must sees” – ever! Not my kind of music, for one thing; further, there simply isn’t enough of the kind of music that I do listen to included in their production. But most of all, I have been aware of their radical political agenda for some time. Add to that the digression - now smut - in most of the artist’s performances and there is simply no reason for me to watch.


Natalie Grant
Unless one lives in total isolation, however, it is almost impossible to miss seeing exactly how far in the toilet this show has actually spiraled.

I caught a few reviews on the local news channel, as well as FOX News; and I read a few negative articles on Facebook, all of which explained and shared more than I cared to see.
 
So why am I even bothering to write about this?  Good question; I normally wouldn’t give this show the time of day. But an article by one of my favorite people on Facebook caught my attention. Col. Allen West had a few statements of his own about the annual award show. His thoughts were much the same as mine. You can read Col. West's article here.
 
The most interesting thing that caught my attention in his article, however, was what he said about Christian music artist, Natalie Grant. Apparently she attended the event because she was nominated for two awards: “Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance” and “Best Christian Music Song.
 
Who knew? I had no idea the Grammy’s still included this genre in their categories. But though Grant and her husband were in attendance, apparently they were wise enough to walk out early.
 
Col. West’s article led me to another article at The Blackspere.  I know nothing about this blog, and intend to learn more about it; but for now the article on their site allowed me to read Natalie's own personal comments as to why she walked out of the Grammy's. You may or may not want to read what this article has to say. It offers a bit more information than I care to know, in the manner I explained earlier. But the author adds the information somewhat modestly, in order to explain exactly what Grant and her husband had to sit through.
 
In that light, Grant's comments were particularly powerful, and sure to impact any open heart.
 
What she said about why they left the show early truly inspired me. In an era, where it seems many are afraid to speak of their faith; and definitely won’t mention anything that is controversial, or political, I found her comments refreshing and uplifting. She was wise enough to keep too much negativity to herself, but she encourages us and inspires us with her revelation about how she was actually honored...and it had nothing to do with a statue.
We left the Grammy’s early. I’ve many thoughts about the show tonight, most of which are probably better left inside my head. But I’ll say this: I’ve never been more honored to sing about Jesus and for Jesus. And I’ve never been more sure of the path I’ve chosen.
                           ~ Natalie Grant

 
 
The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
   ~ Proverbs: 11:3 KJV


2 comments:

  1. Good post and interesting. Years ago I got very upset about television. I was watching a Bible study show and then it went off and the next show was starting and I could not find the remote and our TV did not have a button on it that worked without the remote. I thought about it and how watching these shows and commercials we were showing support. The commercials were so bad and trying to switch channels before the kids saw the commercial just got to be too much, so we have been without television for at least 10 years.

    So, I get Facebook and there are those adds for commercials on the right side and what did I see the first day, that same woman from that same TV show and seriously I am thinking of getting rid of Facebook. In my face is just too much. The computer has things I do not like, but I feel I can go to certain sites and pages and be safe, and with filters and blocks, I have some control. You can watch the best old TV show and still have the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember rushing to turn down the commercials, too. We finally just made it a habit, to turn the remote for every commercial....as far as those facebook ads, you can mark them so you don't have to see them...click in the upper right corner of the ad and it will give you the opportunity to mark not to have them on your page anymore. I know exactly which one you are talking about. Facebook was totally shoving it in our face. I finally figured out I could block it. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete