"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bon-Bons and Soap Operas - Maybe Tomorrow

It is very quiet here today - extremely pleasant; a moment of slowing down. I want to write. I feel like writing, but I remain a bit unfocused and challenged by the busyness of the last few weeks. So this post will probably seem rambling…maybe even out of touch…random…just rambles.

The past reentered the present in an overwhelming way…joyful, yet heart-wrenching. Glorious, yet convicting; amazing wonder that is inexplicable, yet fulfilling…that shouldn’t be a surprise – it is the way of life. Sometimes, things are not the way they seem. You don't always do your best at 30 years old, and someone forgives you, is proud of you, loves you anyway. Humbling to say the least. One can only do that if they have Jesus.

The lady “who sits around eating bon-bons and watching soap operas all day”, finally finished a major project this week with better than anticipated satisfaction. I got fed up with the mud and muck in front of the stalls during winter, and created a paddock footing that actually works!! I actually got to see it in action already, too! After the torrential drenching we had a couple days ago, there was water all around the pastures, but no flooding in front of the barn or stalls. Phew!!!  Not such a big deal??  You try moving all that rock and gravel in mostly 90 + weather at 60 years old!  J  I’m better than I thought. Most of my projects fail…not this one!  I am happy, happy, happy!

The fields are awash, with no sea green waves this year…ugh!  Heartbreaking, but it happens from time to time. I shook my head at a neighborhood farmer a few years ago…now I understand why. His is the example we should follow.

My garden is in complete heart failure this year…I knew it would be this way…I should have passed for this season. It would have been the better way. My grandpa always said: “A job worth doing, is a job worth doing right.” I always admired his example in that. Yep; I should have passed on the garden for this season. I knew I wouldn’t do it well. But I will commit to excellence, next year.

Quit my job due to a busy life. I am glad God offers me the opportunity to do that.

There are decisions to be made. Some will go kicking and screaming, if they go at all. I only want to guide and direct where God shows me, but attempt to keep my will out of all of it. Funny how things that are none of my business affect and impact me so greatly.

Sometimes it seems no one thinks a thing about the one that gives his all. I am proud of my son. He is better than me. When I grow up, I want to be like him.

There is a Smokey Bear and he has beautiful stories to tell.  One day, I will tell one.

I continue to enjoy Facebook during my breaks…you know, when I am not eating bon-bons and watching soap operas.  But I am a fish out of water. I use it to keep up on political commentary and world events. There is no quicker way to get news. And such news there is!! Why anyone wants to bury their head in the sand is beyond me. Compelling, gripping, Bible prophecy fulfilling...but shhhhhh, don't say a word! It is not expedient to have an opinion or carelessly state it. I do anyway. And I puzzle at the offense. I am sure “friends” just "block" me. That’s ok. Can't say as I blame them. I am not talking to them anyway. I wonder what would Jesus say at the format we are afforded, but have refused to use due to political correctness?  There is still plenty of time for silliness. I participate in that as well. It is good for the soul that is awash in busyness or despair.

“Never again” means never again! I will not hold my piece. It is the way of it.
 
The childhood dream didn't work out; and God graciously showed me: "What was I thinking!!!!" I love my home and I hope to never give up my horses.

Said good-bye to two very dear old friends this summer. Thought about memorializing them on my blog, but there have already been too many. I memorialize them in my heart. Col! I salute you! Selfishly, I cry: "Come back, Shane!"

I don’t know why we choose the world. One would think in a world where everyone strives to be different and unique, one would choose to be different and unique.  It is far more difficult to choose the narrow way.
 
The bunnies win.

The mowing continues…
 
hashtag: makeastatementthatcounts (Please note sarcasm, which is why I didn't actually use a hashtag)

Oh, and McGraw is coming!  But so is Jesus!!   No comparison; but reprieves are allowed. ;-)
 
Ok…time to regroup - back to those bon-bons and soap operas.*
 
In the midst of it - life!

 
*For those that don’t know, this is an old-fashioned expression for a spoiled, rich lady…I don’t actually watch soap operas…but I do eat bon-bons...and I am actually very rich....spoiled just for today...and maybe tomorrow for just a bit. ;-)
 
" Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our
Saviour Jesus Christ;" ~ Titus 2:13

 

No comments:

Post a Comment