"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Thursday, December 18, 2014

New Again

I turned on the radio this morning, while I made the bed. I like to listen to the "morning show" every once in a while (not always) after I am done with my morning routine.

Usually, I only listen for about 15 - 20 minutes and then I shut it off to get on with the rest of my day. I was just about to turn it off when the DJ's said something about a Brad Paisley song. Now, I am not a big Paisley fan, but something they said kept me from pushing that button to "Off". Maybe it was the title: New Again. Maybe it was that I thought they said it was a new song from him - it isn't; rather it was recorded in 2009, but I had never heard it before.

Again, being Brad Paisley, I could have easily turned it off, but something kept me. And when I heard the beautiful and extensive guitar intro, I knew I was hooked. I had to listen. I'm glad I did. It was so beautiful!! You guessed it - it had me in tears! What can I say? I have mentioned the fact before that I cry at good talent. But even more, the words to this song are meant to be heard.

When the song was done playing on the radio, I googled it to see when it had been released and if there was a music video. I was surprised to see Paisley and Sara Evans had recorded it in 2009 for a Christmas album. I did not know that.

There are several fans that made video's of this song using clips from Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ. I have never allowed myself to watch Biblical movies made by Hollywood. Now a cute little Christian movie, I will watch. Or a Biblical movie produced by Christians rather than Hollywood, I will carefully watch. But I just don't want to view a distorted version of the Bible, so I don't watch Hollywood films that claim to be about the Bible; even this one which Gibson claimed to be accurate.

I'm glad I heard the song today, though. I really don't know if it was used in the movie, but like I said there were lots of people that made videos combining the two.  It is beautiful. I don't think the video I posted is the "official video". I don't know; usually it will be labeled as such, and this one was not. But I posted it anyway. I hope you will take a moment to listen. I don't think you will be sorry.




So while I am not particularly a Brad Paisley fan (think: I Want to Check You for Ticks) I absolutely LOVE this song. He is one of the best guitar players there is and Sara Evans voice is incredible. May I never be so judgmental that I "throw the Baby out with the bathwater". That Baby was born to wash us clean. And that is each and every one of us who has accepted His indescribable gift - whether we like them or not. I had heard Brad was one who had been "made new"...after hearing this, I believe it.

"Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift."
~2 Corinthians 9:15


No comments:

Post a Comment