"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Sunday, October 7, 2012

Man of Faith - Nation of Faith

We have heard recently, comparisons of the condition our nation is in now, to what things were like under the Carter Administration: the economy, the unrest, the dissatisfaction, the unemployment, Carter's treatment of Israel, and his soft stance on our national defense are a few of the topics of concern being expressed. I will never forget that time. Yes, I was political even back then. I remember the burden we felt as a nation during those years.

It was also a time when Jerry Falwell's Moral Majority was very active and very successful. A nation was awakened from ambivalence and apathy. We were ready for change. Americans came together and prayed and then voted. Ronald Reagan was the outcome of that vote. I will never forget the joy at the election of this man. One could literally feel a cloud lift, a fog dissipate. I know that will sound extreme to some. But it truly was the case; we were back on our way to what we once were, to what we should be. Stop a moment to watch this video, and you will understand why.




If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.   ~2 Chronicles 7:14
 
 I'm not saying we have a candidate in this election with the faith and ability of Ronald Reagan, but I do believe, if we bow down, and if we turn out (to vote), God will show up - "sure as sunlight".

We "have no where else to go"....

No comments:

Post a Comment