This year, I decided I would continue with that, but that it also might be time to give the whole New Year Resolution thing a try. But I can't chose just one thing on which to focus. Once I got started, there were several things that I wanted to work on and accomplish.
I realized in other areas of my life, I have always made lists. Well, I have made lists in these later years, at least. They help me remember what needs to be done, yes. But they also help me feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. I like that "checked off" feeling, so it inspires me to do everything on the list. In fact, I cannot rest until everything on the list is done. Some of that perfection stuff, or Monk stuff...or maybe just plain crazy stuff that resides within me. Anyway, I have to get it done. Soooo, I decided I would make a list and call it "New Year's Resolutions" and see if I can accomplish any of it this year...this month...this week? How far will I go?
It all seems forever away, but we know how fast a year can go. Maybe I will add some things to this list, if I think of anything else. But this is it for now. And actually, I doubt I can even fit it all in, this year, when I think of all this entails.
- Lose Weight - get back to the weight I was at the kids' wedding.
- Spoil my animals, while I still have them.
- Clean and organize computers
- Organize all photos
- Organize books
- Clean out back room of house
- Clean out Folks' storage
- Organize Items that are not mine, but that I am in possession of.
- Pray more
- Study more
- Ride More
- Pause more
- Read more
- Write more
- Photography - maybe a new camera
- Work more in yard, garden and barn
- Make a She-shed in barn. Spend more time there.
- Organize the memory items I have kept of Matt's. In short, organize everything!
- Throw out...minimize...make room for life.
- Be kinder, gentler, slower.
I found myself already beginning the organizing stuff. New Years Eve day, I was already going through a few items that have been carelessly stored for months now. Organizing is really on my heart, in fact I woke up to that word this morning. I hope I can do it. I have a hard time throwing things out.
Diet starts today, because I cheated on New Years Eve and the day before, knowing the end was near.
(Side Note: I wrote this January 2nd, but didn't get it posted until today. So far, in the weight category, I have gone up and down, up and down with 3 - 4 pounds.)
So there it is. Let's see how far I get with any of it. - ORGANIZE!