"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Saturday, November 30, 2013

Goin' There

Another favorite song for me! Besides being a way to share what I love, posting these videos gives me a means to easily find the ones I don't want to lose or forget.

Mr. Trace Adkins outdoes himself on this one. Absolutely LOVE it...enjoy and "Turn it up some."



 
 
"Wayfaring Stranger"
 
I am a poor wayfaring stranger
Traveling through this world of woe
But there's no sickness; no toil; no danger
In that bright world to which I go.

I'm going there to see my mother
She said she'd greet me when I come
I'm only going; goin' over Jordan
I'm only going over home.
Yes, Lord.

I know dark clouds are gonna gather around me
I know my way is rough and steep
But beautiful fields lie there just before me
Where God's redeemed their vigils keep.

I'm going there to see my father
I'm going there no more to roam.
I'm only going; goin' over Jordan.
I'm only going over home.
Take me home, now.

I can almost see the lights of home.
Shining at home...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment