"Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God." ~ Noah Webster



Saturday, January 13, 2018

New Years Resolutions

I typically don't do New Year's Resolutions. In the past, for as long as I can remember, I asked God to give me a word for the New Year. It would be something that I should focus on throughout the year.

This year, I decided I would continue with that, but that it also might be time to give the whole New Year Resolution thing a try. But I can't seem to choose just one thing on which to focus. Once I  started thinking about it, I found there were several things that I wanted to work on and accomplish. That was always true in years past, as well.

I realized in other areas of my life, I  have always made lists. Well, I have made lists in these later years, at least. They help me remember what needs to be done, yes. But they also help me feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction. I like that "checked off" feeling, so it inspires me to do everything on the list. In fact, I cannot rest until everything on the list is done. Some of that perfection stuff, or Monk stuff...or maybe just plain crazy stuff that resides within me. Anyway, I have to get it done. Soooo, I decided I would make a list and call it "New Year's Resolutions" and see if I can accomplish any of it this year...this month...this week? How far will I go?   

It all seems forever away, but we know how fast a year can go. Maybe I will add some things to this list, if I think of anything else. But this is it for now. And actually, I doubt I can even fit it all in, this year, when I think of all this entails.

  • Lose Weight - get back to the weight I was at the kids' wedding.
  • Spoil my animals, while I still have them.
  • Clean and organize computers
  • Organize all photos
  • Organize books
  • Clean out back room of house
  • Clean out Folks' storage
  • Organize Items that are not mine, but that I am in possession of.
  • Pray more
  • Study more
  • Ride More
  • Pause more
  • Read more
  • Write more
  • Scrapbook
  • Photography -  maybe a new camera
  • Work more in yard, garden and barn
  • Make a She-shed in barn. Spend more time there.
  • Organize the memory items I have kept of Matt's. In short, organize everything!
  • Throw out...minimize...make room for life.
  • Be kinder, gentler, slower.
I found myself already beginning the organizing stuff. New Years Eve day, I was already going through a few items that have been carelessly stored for months now. Organizing is really on my heart, in fact I woke up to that word this morning. I hope I can do it. I have a hard time throwing things out.

Diet starts today, because I cheated on New Years Eve and the day before, knowing the end was near.
(Side Note: I wrote this January 2nd, but didn't get it posted until today. So far, in the weight category, I have gone up and down, up and down with 3 - 4 pounds.)

So there it is. Let's see how far I get with any of it. - ORGANIZE!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment